To create a new kit supply:
- Press the New button on the Kit Supplies manager to open the Kit Supplies editor.
- The Kit Supplies editor will open with the following fields:
Fill in the desired fields.
When finished filling in the kit supply information, press the Save button on the toolbar or choose Save from the File menu. A new kit supply record will be created and appear in the manager.
- Supply Type - From the lkup_supply_type code list. Users can edit this code list in the Code List manager.
- Expiration Date - This field sets the expiration date for all of the supplies used in this lot. Once this date has passed, users will no longer be able to add components from the lot to a kit. Any kits with supplies from the expired lot will also expire and will no longer be able to be used for collection of specimens at a collection center.
- Location - Clicking on the Location ellipsis button in the Kit Supplies Editor will open a dialog with the Locations manager tree where users can choose the location where the kit supplies will be stored. This field is for reference only and will not reserve the spot in Locations.
- Company - From the lkup_company code list. Users can edit this code list in the Code List manager.
- Count - The number of items currently available in the specified lot or box.
- Is Default - Setting this field to a value of True/Yes will cause this supply to be used to fill a kit when the Auto-Fill function is used in the Kits Inventory editor.
- Status - The statuses available for kit supplies are: Available, Unavailable, Expired, and Deleted
- Label - This is the label on the kit supplies.
Example: Each of Dr. Quests’ kits always contains vials to collect the specimens, gloves, a syringe, and bandages. The syringe has a rubber stopper with an expiration date, which he tracks for each syringe via the Kit Supplies manager. Dr. Quest creates all of his supplies in this manager so he has accurate counts of everything available to be included in a kit and sent.