Users must have permission to access the Labels module, though all users can print labels from applicable tables and editors across BSI.
Labels are stored in a hierarchical directory structure. Any user can view or use any other user’s label format, but can only save a label format in his or her own directory or the institutional directory, depending on role permissions. A local administrator can save label formats in any directory belonging to their institution.
The manager consists of a directory control on the left side, a table displaying the contents of the selected folder, and action buttons on the right. Each label format is displayed as one row of the table. The table consists of columns that include:
- Item ID - A unique numeric ID.
- Parent Folder - The unique ID of the parent folder of the item.
- Name - The name given to the label format when it was saved.
- User ID - The user ID of the user who saved the label format.
- Date Created - The date and time the label format was first saved.
- Date Last Modified - The date and time the label format was last modified.
- Type - The type of item listed in the manager.
The Printing Labels Editor features a single table, with the number of rows equal to the number of fields defined in the label format. Each individual row has a name indicating the label field to which it corresponds. This table represents the data that will compose a single label. Label data may be hand-entered by selecting a particular cell in a row and typing in the information.
Choose a topic below to learn more: