The Customization module can be used to add new specimen and property fields, as well as edit existing ones. The types of fields available for customization are:
- Requisition fields - Requisition property fields.
- Subject Fields - For databases which have the Subjects module, this field set allows general, database-wide subject fields to be managed.
- Consent fields - For databases which have the Consent module, this field set allows general, database-wide consent form fields to be managed.
- Study fields - Study property fields.
- Specimen fields - All vial and sample fields.
- Shipment fields - Shipment property fields.
- Batch fields - Data Entry batch property fields.
The fields added in Customization are general and apply everywhere the category exists. For example, while subject-specific fields created in the Subject module will only be shown in the study they were created for, the Subject fields created in Customization will be available with every subject. The same is true for the Consent fields listed in Customization.
The field list for each type can be viewed or edited from the manager. Fields can be added, deleted or assigned verifiers from the editor. Verifiers can be added or deleted from the editor to define the criteria which produces an error or warning for a specified field.
All fields shown in the Customization editor have a properties page which displays editable and non-editable data on the field. Some properties are non-editable once the field has been created and saved, while other properties are editable. Every field displays the following properties: Field Label, Description, Field Type, Is Active, and Is Required. All fields will have the following non-editable history fields displayed: Date Created, Date Last Modified, Created By, and Column Name.
Users must have permission to access this module.