After locating a group of issues, you can use the mass change tool to update a field or fields in all of the issues at once. Fields must be set to allow mass change, which you can update via the Fields screen.
Only members with the Can mass change issues via search role permission can utilize the mass change feature. Members who are company managers can also mass delete issues.
To perform a mass change:
- First perform a search to isolate the group of issues you want to update.
- Once you have narrowed down your search results, click the Actions menu to see the drop-down menu.
- Select Mass Change from the menu.
- If you would like to mass change all of the issues in the results group, click the box at the top of the column to automatically check all of the boxes in the column. If your results group contains some issues that you do not want to update, you can individually check the box in the row for each issue you do want to update.
- Check the box(es) next to the field(s) you would like to update.
- Enter the appropriate data to update
- If there is a drop-down box, select the value you would like to place in each field you are updating.
- If the field is a multi-value lookup, you can choose to overwrite the values already in the field with the ones you select, append the values you select to the ones already in the field or remove the values you select from the field.
- If the field is not a lookup, enter the data you would like to appear in the field.
- If desired, you can enter a comment to be added to each issue, describing the updates you are making.
- Click Mass Change Selected Issues and then click OK to confirm.
Each issue will be updated with the field changes and the comment you added.