The issue detail page is where you read and update information about an issue. You can open the issue detail page using any of these methods:
- Find a link to the issue on one of the lists on the Home page.
- Conduct a search for the issue. On the search page, enter keywords and other criteria that the issue will match, including the Issue ID if you know it. Choose the link to your desired issue from the search results table.
- Click a link to the issue in an e-mail sent to you by Squish.
- Depending on project and personal settings, Squish may send you e-mail when issues that are assigned to you or on your watch list are updated. This e-mail will contain a link to the issue detail page. If your e-mail software does not support links, you can copy the URL from the text of the e-mail and paste it into your browser window. If you are not already logged in to Squish, you will be prompted you for your username and password first, but you will go directly to the issue detail page once you enter them.
These options allow you to interact with the whole issue, either by modifying it, following changes made to it, or by e-mailing other users in relation to it. The buttons and menus displayed on the issue bar will change depending on the role(s) the member viewing the issue has. The possible buttons and menus are:
- Comment - Click Comment to take you directly to the open Post a Comment field.
- Watch/Unwatch - Watch adds the issue to your watch list and Unwatch removes the issue from your watch list.
- Email- Click Email to send a message to other project members.
- Hide History/Show History - Click Hide History to not display the changes that have been recorded for the issue. Click Show History to display the changes that have been recorded for the issue. The changes are displayed beneath the user names.
- Delete - Only members who have roles that have manager permissions can delete issues. Click Delete and click Delete Issue to confirm to remove an issue permanently from the project. Click Back to Issue to not delete the issue.
- Convert - Members who have roles that have manager permissions can change issues from one issue type to another. Select the appropriate issue type to change the current issue to.
- Notifications - If you would like to send an automatic e-mail when you update the issue, click Notify and enter names of the project members you would like to notify. The same people will be automatically notified each time you update that issue. You can remove selected members by clicking the "x" next to their name.
- Workflow - If there are workflows associated with an issue, the Workflow will be available. The fields that are being prompted for will be displayed as well as a Comment field. Fill in any required fields, post any comments you have and click Update Issue.
- Update Issue - Your changes will be saved and you will be returned to where you were when you accessed the issue.
- New Child - If the Parent ID field is active and displayed, this option allows you to create a related (new) child issue from an existing issue.
- Select New Child, then select an issue type for the new issue. A new issue submit page will open.
- The Parent ID field on the new issue submit page will display the existing issue's ID by default.
The fields displayed on the right side of the screen will vary depending on whether or not the member viewing the issue has a role with permission to view the fields. Fields will only be editable if the member has a role with permission to edit the fields.
At the bottom of the section is a show field history link, if there is any field history beyond the initial issue submit. Click the link to see a table of the changes that have occurred in the fields where history is recorded. Recording of history is set when adding or editing a field.
The main section of the screen contains the discussion on the issue. To save space on the screen, not all comments are displayed. To view all of the comments, click Show all __ comments.
- If history is recorded for fields and changes have been made to those fields, the information on what was changed will be displayed in the comment boxes. If things were changed for an issue, but no comment was made, the changes are listed without a comment.
You can preview how a comment will look by clicking the preview link at the top right of the Comments box. This will allow you to make sure that you used the formatting tags correctly. Click in the Comments box to turn off the preview.
To update an issue without leaving the page, hold the Shift keyboard key, then the Update Issue button will become the Save Issue button. Click Save Issue and your updates will be saved without leaving the issue.
Making Changes to Existing Comments
Individual comments can be manipulated via the icons next to them. Clicking the Link icon will update the page URL to specifically reference the corresponding comment. That comment will be displayed as close to the top of the screen as possible when using that link to view the page.
If you have a role that has Manager permissions, you can delete the last comment entered no matter who entered it. If you do not have Manager permissions, you can delete your comment if it is the last one in the list. Click the Delete link to delete a comment. Click Delete Comment to confirm your action. If you change your mind, you can cancel by clicking Back to Issue. Once you have updated the issue, the comment is permanently removed.
If you have a role that has Manager permissions, you can edit all comments. If you do not have Manager permissions, you can only edit the comments that you entered. To edit a comment, click the Edit link. When editing a comment, you have the ability to remove and add attachments. To remove attachments, click the X next to the attachment(s) you want to remove. Click Update Issue when all changes have been made. If you change your mind, you can cancel by clicking Back to Issue. Once you have updated the issue, the changes are permanent.
You can quote a previous comment in an issue by clicking the Quote link. The full comment will be inserted in the Post a Comment field with the [quote author= ] [/quote] formatting tags. You can remove parts of the quote manually if you do not want to include it in its entirety.
Changing Confidentiality of Comments
Comments that are marked as confidential will have a lock icon next to them. If a user cannot view confidential comments, the entire comment, including the lock icon, will not be visible.
If you edit a confidential comment, you can click the Keep this comment confidential checkbox to uncheck it. Click the Save Changes button to save the change to the comment.
When submitting a new comment, or editing an existing comment, the Mark this comment as the resolution for the issue checkbox is available. Selecting this will highlight the comment in the issue and add a "Resolution" tag to the comment next to the date/time.