Mass Change & Change Values
Use the Mass Change feature to change multiple values within a single column or the Change Values feature to change values for multiple rows and multiple columns simultaneously.
In a Data Entry Add batch, using either of these tools to update Sample IDs can cause already entered sample level data to be updated. If this would happen, then a Sample Data Changed! dialog will open. The dialog shows the changes which will be made and provides an option to continue with the change, or to cancel the change. The ability to continue with changing Sample data on this dialog is controlled by a permission, so if a user does not have this permission, the button to continue will not be active.
To implement a mass change in a single column:
- Select the row(s) to edit.
- Right click in the header of the column to change.
- Select Mass Change from the menu that appears. The Change Selected Vials dialog will open. At the top of this dialog is the name of the column you are changing and the number of vials selected.
- Select from one of the following options:
- Set Value - changes selected fields to the value entered in the adjacent text box.
- If the column is linked to a code list, there will be a button next to the Set Value option. Press this button to open a dialog listing the available codes. Select the desired value from the list and press OK to enter that value in the Mass Change dialog.
- If the selected column is an attachment field, this will be the only available option. Press the code list button to select the attachment(s) to be uploaded to all rows.
- Increment by - increments selected fields by the value entered in the adjacent text box.
- Increment range - increments selected fields by a specified Increment value beginning with the specified Start value. If a data entry field is selected from the Break group drop-down menu, fields will be incremented until the value of the break group changes. The field in the following row will receive the Start value and incrementation will occur until the next new break group value is found and so on. Note: A negative value in the Increment text box will decrement the original value.
- Append to value - Appends the value entered in the adjacent text box to the selected fields.
- Press the OK button to change the value in the selected fields or press Cancel to close this dialog without changing values.
Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard while selecting OK to automatically launch the Mass Change dialog for the next highlighted column.
To implement a mass change in multiple columns via the Change Values option:
- Select the columns and row(s) to edit.
- Right click in the header of one of the columns to change.
- Select Change Values.
- If the field is linked to a code list, double click the empty field to show the code selection button "...". Press this button to open a dialog listing available codes and select the desired value. Press OK.
- If the field is linked to a calendar, double click the empty field to show the calendar widget button. Press this button to open the calendar widget , then select the date to be entered. Press OK.
- If the selected field is an attachment type, double click the empty field to show the code list icon. Press this button to open a dialog where you can manage attachments to be added to all selected rows.
- The Change Values dialog will display each highlighted column as a field. Input values in the empty space next to each field.
- Press the OK button to change the value in the selected fields or press Cancel to close this dialog without changing values. Press Help to open the User's Guide.