The BSI client is opened via the BSI Launcher application. The BSI Launcher can be downloaded from https://start.bsisystems.com. BSI Engage and Data Warehouse may also be opened from this web page.
Installing BSI Launcher
BSI will require a one-time installation of the BSI launcher, after which users will not need to download and install the BSI launcher again. Navigate to the BSI start page and select the Installation Instructions button for more information. For future logins, just select the BSI icon on your desktop.
Logging into BSI
To log in to the BSI client:
- Open the BSI Launcher application on your computer.
- Select the BSI instance you wish to launch from the dropdown menu:
Select the Launch BSI Client button. The BSI client application will be downloaded and a Login dialog will open.
You will need to enter your username and password which was emailed to you when your account was first created, as well as the database you are logging onto. After entering this information, select the Login button.
- Production – This is the live database.
- Mirror – A day-old copy of the production database used for testing and support.
- Beta/UAT - A public-facing development database, for user acceptance testing.
- Training – A database used for new user training. Your database may not have a training environment set up.
If you have access to more than one repository in the database, a dialog will open prompting you to choose the repository you would like to access.
BSI will then open. Default session timeout is 30 minutes. Time may vary if the system preference is set for the database.
- If you do not have a user account, please contact your database’s Local Administrator. If you do not know the administrator’s name, contact BSI Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (301) 628-1BSI (274) between 8AM - 4PM EST to request an account.
Resetting your password
- If you have forgotten your password, select the Forgot Password? link at the bottom of the dialog.
- An email containing a temporary password will be sent to the address listed in your user profile.
- Resetting your password will prompt BSI to ask you to change your password the first time you log in using the temporary password.
- Enter a new password. It must not be the same as any of your previous 24 passwords. The password must be 8 or more characters in length (unless the Password Minimum Length System Preference is set to a higher number), have no spaces, and have at least one character from each of the following complexity categories:
If desired, mark the Change your password on all databases you have accounts on checkbox(es).
Select OK, then BSI will open.
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character
If you enter the incorrect password too many times, your account will be deactivated. You will receive an email letting you know why your account was deactivated.
Some BSI accounts are flagged to only allow the user to access BSI via BSI Connect. These users will receive email reminders of an upcoming password expiration date 30, 15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 day(s) before the password expires.
If a new password needs to be generated before the expiration date, please contact BSI technical support at email@example.com or call us at (301) 628-1BSI (274) between 8AM - 4PM EST.