Save a Container Configuration
If a certain configuration of containers is frequently used, it can be saved and used in the future when creating new locations in Locations.
Example: Let’s say that Dr. Morreau recently received a large grant and purchased several new freezers, of the same model as one of his existing freezers. In BSI, he saves a configuration of his existing freezer, which each have 5 racks of 10 boxes each. When creating the new freezers, Dr. Morreau applies the configuration to them. For each new freezer created, the underlying sub-containers are created by the system with the same properties as the original sub-containers.
Some things to consider when saving or using a saved configuration:
- All subcontainers of the selected container will be saved in the configuration.
- Users can save a configuration for a box level container, a rack or a freezer.
- Configurations cannot be saved for buildings and rooms.
- A container's Label and Notes will not be saved for any container. ID will be saved.
- Freezer parameters Physical Type, Use and Status will be saved. All other freezer parameters will not be saved.
To create a saved configuration:
- In the Location Tree, right-click on the container to be used for the saved configuration. A menu will be displayed with available options.
- Select Save Configuration from the right mouse button menu. The Save Configuration dialog will open.
- Enter a Label and a Description for the saved configuration.
- Select OK. The configuration of the container selected and all of its subcontainers will be saved and available for use when creating a new container.