Transfer to Data Entry
Before specimens can be transferred to a Data Entry batch, they must be marked as Received. Specimens may be transferred to multiple Data Entry batches before they are committed. Once a specimen has a status of Committed in the shipment, it may no longer be transferred to a new or existing Data Entry batch.
A template can be used during the transfer to add additional specimen data to the transferred specimens. When using a multi-line template, all rows of the template will be entered for each specimen transferred.
Specimens that have unresolved discrepancies will have a Vial Status of Discrepant after being transferred.
Example: Once Nemo has received all of the specimens in his shipment, he transfers his deep sea fish specimens to Data Entry to commit the new specimens into BSI. Once the batch is in data entry, he can check for any errors in the batch and resolve them.
To transfer specimens to a Data Entry batch:
- In the Shipments Editor, select the rows to be transferred.
- Select Transfer to Batch from the Tools menu or select the Transfer to Batch button.
- If all of the rows in the batch have not been marked as Received, Received in Requisition or Not Received, users will get the option to mark the rows with a Status of In Process as Discrepant.
- Select Yes to add a discrepancy to the Status column for all In Process specimens.
- Select No to continue with the transfer process without adding discrepancies to specimens that are In Process.
- Select Cancel to end the Transfer to batch process and return to the Shipment Editor.
- The Shipment Transfer dialog will open. The number of specimens selected for transfer will be listed on the Shipment Transfer dialog.
- If a template is to be used during the transfer, press the Select Template button and choose a template. The default template will be used if no other selection is made.
- Select New Batch or Existing Batch. After selecting the batch, if the user preference to automatically open the Data Entry batch is set to True, the batch will open in Data Entry.
- New Batch - Select OK to transfer specimens to a new data entry Add batch. An information dialog will show the Batch ID of the batch created.
- Existing Batch - Enter the Batch ID of the existing data entry Add batch in the Batch ID field.
- Select OK to transfer specimens to the data entry Add batch specified. An information dialog will be displayed describing the transfer. An error message will be displayed if an invalid Batch ID is entered.
- After selecting the batch, there are two checkbox options available:
Both checkboxes have a corresponding user preference, which when set to “True/Yes” will mark the checkbox by default.
- “Automatically open the Data Entry Batch Editor” – The specified new or existing Data Entry batch will open for editing.
- “Save and Close Shipment Automatically after Transfer” – The Shipment batch will be saved and closed.