Add Discrepancy in Requisitions
A user-defined discrepancy can be added to any shipment or any requisition with a Requisition Repository Status of Submitted or In Process. A user can only add discrepancies to requisitions and shipments that are associated with the repository they are currently logged into. Discrepancies can be added to specimen or sample fields (except for BSI ID, Sample ID, and Sequence) in the Requisition Editor and to any field except Status in the shipment editor. Discrepancies cannot be added to location fields.
Multiple discrepancies can be added in the same field. A discrepancy can also be added to multiple fields within the same column. A discrepancy cannot be added to multiple columns at one time; separate discrepancies must be added.
The repository contact and the submitting user will receive an email notification for each new discrepancy, upon shipment save. Submitting users can opt out of this notification via user preference.
To add a discrepancy from the column header menu:
1. Select the discrepant field on the Requisitions Editor. Multiple fields can be selected within the same column.
2. Open the column header menu by right-clicking on the column header and select Discrepancies > Add Discrepancy. The Add Discrepancy dialog will open.
3. Enter Notes for the discrepancy. The notes for the discrepancy will be displayed in the error table.
4. Enter the Observed Value. This is the actual value for the specimen. The data entered in the Observed Value field can later be shown in the field(s) selected for the discrepancy; see Resolve Discrepancy.
5. If the discrepancy is in a shipment, then select a Data Entry Value.
- Copy Observed Value - the Observed Value entered in step 4 will be copied.
- Copy Manifest Value – the value for this cell in the manifest will be copied.
- No Change – no changes will be made to the cell.
6. Select OK to add the discrepancy. A new applied Discrepancy task is added to the specimen. Neither this task nor any other task can be completed until the discrepancy is resolved. This task cannot be unapplied or deleted until the discrepancy is deleted. Select Cancel to exit the Add Discrepancy dialog without adding the discrepancy.