Adding Tasks to Requisition Task Templates
To add a task to a Task Template:
- From the Requisition Task Templates Editor, select the Add Task button. A dialog will open.
- Select the task type to be added.
- Press OK.
- Fill in desired fields in the Task Properties tab in the Editor. Some tasks may have database default values preset in this tab.
- Task Name - This field is automatically populated with the task type name.
- Task Destination
- Task Instructions
- Assign To
- From the Applies To tab, the user can specify search criteria which will define specimens the task is applied to in requisitions.
- Users can save and then apply task templates in their requisitions.
The task can be removed by highlighting it and pressing the Delete Task button. The Up and Down buttons can be used to change the order of the tasks.
Requisition task templates are able to specify a Starting Child Sequence Number and will be used if it is present. The default number can be added in the Starting Child Sequence Number field in Child Vial Properties.
If the Requisition Task Template is applied in the Requisition Properties dialog, it will apply the Starting Child Sequence Number that was added in the Requisition Task Template Editor. The Number of Children will also be added if present in the Requisition Task Template. If the Requisition does not have a Requisition Task Template or does not have a Starting Child Sequence Number in a Requisition Task Template, the User Preference will be used or it will be blank for the user to enter.
Task Dependencies are listed on the Task Properties of each task. To make the currently selected task dependent on the completion of another task, mark the checkbox of the other task in this section. Dependencies may be automatically assigned based on task order by selecting Automatically Assign Task Dependencies from the Tools menu.