The User Teams sub-manager displays a list of existing user teams, along with their information and action buttons. Using this interface, you can create new, as well as view, edit, or delete existing user teams using the buttons on the right.
You can enter and edit the following information for a user team:
- Team Name – A text field where users may define team names.
- Description – A text field where users may define team description.
- Notes – A text field where users may define team notes.
- Institution – The institution associated with the team; this is not editable unless you are a Database Manager and will be same as user's institution creating the user team.
- Repository – The repository associated with the team; this is not editable unless you are a Database Manager and will be same as user's repository creating the user team.
You can assign one or more user teams to a user in the User Profile or the multiple user editor. Then a shipment, requisition, kit, or data entry batch may be assigned to a user team using the Assign To functionality just like individual user. If no users in the user team have access to the item being assigned, the user team cannot be assigned to it. Work can either be assigned to a user or to a user team but not both. The standard ‘Assign To’ notification email is sent to all users that are part of the team when work is assigned to a user team.
To create a new User Team from the User Teams sub-manager:
- Select New. A User Team editor will open.
- Enter Team Name and a Description, if desired. (Repository and Institution will be auto-filled with your repository and institution)
- Select Save.