Issue types allow a manager to define different types of issues with different properties. Different issue types may have different fields and different access rights for different roles, company users who are not members of the project, and anonymous users. For instance, a "Bug" issue type may have certain fields that would not make sense in a "Feature Request" issue type. A manager may also want to allow any user in the company to submit "Feature Requests", but only allow project members to submit "Bugs".
From a project page, click Admin > Issue Types to access the Issue Types screen.
Squish comes with three issue types already created: Bug, Feature Request, and Support Issue. They can be used out of the box, modified for your use, or deleted.
The order that the issue types appear in the Submit drop-down menu can be changed by dragging and dropping the issue types in the table until it reflects the order you want. To move an issue place the cursor on the icon (three parallel lines) to the left of the issue name, click on it and drag it to the position you want.
Overview of Issue Types
Click Admin > Issue Types and then click See overview of all issue types to access the Issue Type Overview screen.
The tables show what permissions each role has for each issue type.
- View - Members with that role can see the content of issues of that type.
- Submit - Members with that role can submit new issue of that type.
- Comment - Members with that role can add comments to existing issues of that type.
- Update - Members with that role can make changes to existing issues of that type.
- Modify Resolved - Members with that role can update resolved issues of that type.
- Delete - Members with that role can delete issues of that type from the system.
These permissions can be changed when editing issue types or when editing roles.