The email features in Squish are enabled per issue type within each project, and are disabled by default for new projects and issue types. To enable the features, go to your project admin, in the Email section.
The options are shown below:
- Allow Submission - Check this box if new issues of this type can be created via email.
- If enabled, the email address new issues can be submitted via will be shown at the bottom of the submit page for this issue type.
- Allow Comments - Check this box if issues of this type should accept new comments via email.
- If enabled, the email address to which comments for this issue can be submitted will be shown at the bottom of the issue.
- Anonymous Access - Check this box if comments and submissions from unrecognized email addresses should be accepted. In this case, Squish will create an inactive user with the sender's email address, and associate any comments and issues with that user. An admin may choose to assign that user a username and password, or may leave it as is for just email purposes.
- Notifications Reply To - When Squish sends an issue update notification, by default the Reply-To address is the user who made the update. However, you can change the reply to address to be a new comment on the issue.
- Default issue type for email submissions - If no issue type is specified in the email subject line, and there are more than one issue types that accept email submissions, this setting will be used to determine which type of issue to submit.